More than 100,000 times a year parents trust us to give their children the very best medical care. In 2008 this care was recognized by the National Association of Children’s Hospitals and Related Institutions (NACHRI) when Beaumont Hospital, Royal Oak, was accepted as a “children’s hospital within a hospital.” NACHRI approved Beaumont for associate membership as a hospital that offers a full range of children’s specialty services in a non-freestanding location inside a general hospital complex. At the Beaumont Children’s Hospital, patients and their families will find advanced technology, top specialists and the latest treatment methods, all designed to meet the unique needs of infants, children and adolescents.
Skilled Pediatric Specialists
- Access to 227 board-certified general pediatricians, 83 pediatric medical and surgical subspecialists, and all of the services that have earned Beaumont Hospitals a ranking as the “Most Preferred Hospital in Southeast Michigan” by the National Research Corporation
- Specially trained pediatric surgical teams, including board-certified pediatric anesthesiologists on site 24 hours a day
- Experts in Adolescent Medicine who rate among Detroit Hour Magazine’s Top Docs
Child-Focused, Family-Centered Services
- The Children’s Miracle Network Garden at Beaumont Children’s Hospital offers countless opportunities to engage children in educational activities, creative play and special projects. The Garden Library features more than 2000 books.
- The bedside computer program provides many hours of enjoyment and learning for patients.
- Children with long-stay or chronic conditions receive a Webkinz stuffed toy and a “virtual pet” to entertain them and keep them company.
- Hollywood Video “movie nights” feature first-run films, popcorn and candy.
- Trained massage therapists visit the unit to provide stress-relieving therapeutic massage for patients and their parents.
- A bedside music program brings soft, relaxing live music to the Pediatric and Pediatric Intensive Care units.