At Beaumont Children’s Hospital patients and their families will find top specialists, advanced technologies, and child-friendly facilities and programs, all designed with the unique needs of infants, children and adolescents in mind.
Beaumont Children’s Hospital Strength and Experience in Numbers
- More than 100,000 children seen
6,304 patients were treated in the inpatient units at Royal Oak and Troy. And Beaumont, Grosse Pointe began serving the pediatric needs of the Grosse Pointe area when it opened a new children’s unit in May 2008.
- Nearly 1,175 fragile newborns were cared for in the Neonatal Intensive Care Units at Beaumont, Royal Oak and Troy.
- More than 38,000 pediatric patients were seen in the Emergency Centers of our hospitals.
- More than 10,000 babies were born at our three hospitals
Beaumont Children’s Hospital Pediatric Specialists
- More than 80 medical and surgical subspecialists, including pediatric cardiologists, endocrinologists, urologists, ophthalmologists, oncologists and orthopedic surgeons
- More than 200 board-certified pediatricians providing primary care
- Specially trained pediatric surgical teams, including board-certified pediatric anesthesiologists on site 24 hours a day
5,500 visits to pediatric gastroenterologists, with special clinics for children with Crohn’s disease, inflammatory bowel disease and other digestive tract disorders
- Three-year residency training program that prepares pediatricians in the practice of general pediatrics.
Unique Beaumont Children’s Services and Programs
- The only Level I Trauma facility in Oakland and Macomb counties
- Internationally renowned Ophthalmology/Pediatric Retinal Service, performing sight-saving surgery on premature infants
- Ministrelli Program for Urology Research and Education, among the first center to perform nerve re-routing procedures on children with spina bifida to achieve permanent bladder control
- Diabetes and Endocrinology Clinic to help parents manage diabetes in young children and teach older children to take increasing responsibility for their own health
- Cancer Survivor Scholarship Program for children treated at Beaumont Cancer Institute who are moving forward in their lives
One of the most comprehensive Speech and Language Pathology programs for children in the country
- The first Safety City, USA, in the country, designed to provide safety education for children
- An award-winning, Parenting Program offering a series of in-home classes and support for new parents
Quality Care Without Anxiety
- 24-hour visitation to keep families connected during hospital stays
- A convenient Pediatric After-Hours Clinic with access to Beaumont’s top-rated pediatric specialists and walk-in appointments
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units at Beaumont Royal Oak and Troy and Pediatric Intensive Care Unit where parents are encouraged to spend time with their children
- Sedation administered in a child-friendly environment to alleviate anxiety before invasive procedures
- An accredited fully digital echocardiogram laboratory just for children
- A specially designed Children’s Miracle Network Garden at Beaumont, Royal Oak
- Sleep chairs so parents can spend the night at both Beaumont, Royal Oak, and Beaumont, Troy, and a family kitchen in the new pediatric unit at Beaumont, Troy
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Bike Day – approximately 40 to 50 rehabilitation patients receive free, retrofitted bikes to fit each child’s special needs. Bikes provide additional physical therapy and healthy exercise. This program is funded in part by Children’s Miracle Network.
Child-Centered, Family-Friendly Atmosphere
- The Ghesquiere Center for Children’s Surgery combining the highest-quality medical technology with sensitive, compassionate care
- Mobile phones in the new pediatric unit (Troy) so that patients and families can stay in touch with their nurse
- Bedside computers to keep spirits up and let patients stay in touch with family and friends
- The Children’s Miracle Network Garden is a magical place where patients and family members can relax, read, watch movies and play games
- Massage therapy for patients and their families to reduce the stress of a hospital visit or long stay
For a referral to a Beaumont pediatrician, call 800-633-7377 or visit our online Find a Doctor service.